NAMI Fox Valley offers a number of education and training opportunities for individuals living with mental-health conditions, family members of those living with mental-health conditions, and the community at large. These programs utilize the experience and insights of family members and individuals who have been impacted with mental illness. Please scroll down to see the available offerings.
Mental-Health Education For Individuals Living with Mental-Health Conditions
NAMI Fox Valley offers free classes throughout the year for those living with mental health conditions.
- Peer-to-Peer Class: This free, 8-session education course focuses on mental-health recovery and is for any individual with a mental illness at no charge to participants. It is taught by a team of trained peer leaders. Find out more.
- REAP (Recovery, Education and Advocacy Program): This free, 5-session education course is designed for adults who are living well with a mental health condition. REAP addresses coping skills, self-care, trauma, and the need for a recovery action plan. It is taught by a team of trained peer leaders who have lived experience. Find out more.
Mental-Health Education For Family Members of Individuals Living with a Mental-Health Condition
NAMI Fox Valley offers free classes throughout the year for family members and loved ones of individuals living with a mental-health condition.
- Family-To-Family Class: This free, 8-session educational program is for family, significant others and friends of people living with mental illness. It is taught by NAMI-trained family members who have been there. Find out more.
- NAMI Basics Class: This free 6-session class is for parents and caregivers of children living with mental health conditions. The class provides critical strategies for taking care of your child and learning the ropes of recovery. It is taught by NAMI-trained family members who have been there. Find out more.
Community Education & Trainings
- Bring in a Speaker for your Group or Event: As part of our outreach efforts, NAMI Fox Valley’s staff and trained speakers work to educate the public about mental illness and provide fact-based information about mental illness, recovery, and related topics. Invite us to come to speak to your organization, service club, church group, or community groups to help break down stigma and enrich audiences’ understanding of the impact of mental illnesses. Find out more.
- Mental Health Education for the Classroom: NAMI Fox Valley’s staff and trained speakers provide age appropriate education in the classroom. Find out more.
- Upcoming Community Trainings: From time to time, NAMI Fox Valley offers community trainings that can be registered for online. Trainings will be listed when available.