Are you a parent or caregiver who provides care for youth (ages 22 and younger) who are experiencing mental health symptoms? NAMI Fox Valley has a great opportunity for you to gain information, build skills, and learn about resources to help you in your journey!
As a participant, you will be responsible for watching 6 video class sessions online on your own time over the course of 6 weeks, and joining us for 3 facilitated Zoom discussion groups over that time in which you will be able to make connections with other local parents & caregivers, discuss what you are learning in the class, and learn about local resources and supports! The discussion groups will be facilitated by individuals who have their own lived experience -- they know what you're going through because they've been there.
- Managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively
- How to take care of yourself and handle stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to support your child with compassion
- Advocating for your child's rights at school and in health care settings
- Learning about current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- Gaining an overview of the public mental health care, school and juvenile justice systems and supporting resources to help you navigate these systems
- Understanding the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on your entire family
Want to join us? Please fill out the registration form by clicking the "Register Here" button and NAMI Fox Valley's Family Program Coordinator will contact you to answer any questions, provide information, and confirm your registration!
Register for the program by March 1 to receive information on how to view the six videos, and then participate in the discussion at the following meetings via Zoom:
Wednesday, March 29th from 7-8 PM (videos 1 & 2 will be discussed)
Wednesday, April 12th from 7-8 PM (videos 3 & 4 will be discussed)
Wednesday, April 26th from 7-8 PM (videos 5 & 6 will be discussed)