Are you a parent or caregiver who provides care for youth who are experiencing mental health symptoms? NAMI Fox Valley has a great opportunity for you to gain information, build skills, and learn about resources to help you in your journey!
As a participant, you will be responsible for watching 6 video class sessions online on your own time over the course of 6 weeks, and joining us for 3 facilitated Zoom discussion groups over that time in which you will be able to make connections with other local parents & caregivers, discuss what you are learning in the class, and learn about local resources and supports! The discussion groups will be facilitated by individuals who have their own lived experience -- they know what you're going through because they've been there.
- Managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively
- How to take care of yourself and handle stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to support your child with compassion
- Advocating for your child's rights at school and in health care settings
- Learning about current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- Gaining an overview of the public mental health care, school and juvenile justice systems and supporting resources to help you navigate these systems
- Understanding the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on your entire family
Upcoming Class Opens on March 20, 2024
Virtual Discussion Groups:
Wednesdays, April 3, 2024 from 7-8 PM
Wednesday, April 17, 2024 from 7-8 PM
Wednesday, May 1, 2024 from 7-8 PM