Peer Support Groups
NAMI Fox Valley’s adult peer support groups are for individuals who live with a mental health condition or are experiencing mental health challenges. The groups provide participants with a relaxed, trusting, and safe environment to share with and support others who can empathize with their experiences. Peer support groups, which are offered at no charge to participants, are available in both in-person and online.
Each group is facilitated by individuals who are successfully managing their own mental health conditions. Our facilitators are not therapists and our groups are not intended to replace therapeutic counseling. We offer peer support and understanding based on the wisdom of lived experience.
For a full calendar of NAMI Fox Valley's support groups, click here.
For questions regarding peer support groups, contact Vicki Rivera, Peer & Family Program Director, at email@example.com or 920-740-4565.
In-Person Peer Support Groups
There is no need to preregister for in-person groups. Please feel free to join us at the dates and times listed below.
The following peer groups meet at NAMI Fox Valley’s office at 211 E. Franklin St., Appleton, WI 54911:
- Adult Peer Support Group (for any adult experiencing mental health challenges): Meets every 1st and 3rd Monday from 6:00-7:30 PM
- Young Adult Peer Support Group (for adults ages 18-26 experiencing mental health challenges): Meets on the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of each month from 6:00-8:00 PM
- Adult Women’s Spanish-Language Group (for Spanish-speaking adult women experiencing mental health challenges): Meets on the 2nd Monday of each month from 6:00-7:30 PM
- Adult Women’s Support Group (for adult women experiencing mental health challenges): Meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 6:00-7:30 PM
- Adult Men’s Support Group (for adult men experiencing mental health challenges): Meets on the 4th Monday of each month from 6:00-7:30 PM
Online Peer Support Groups
Our online groups are held via the Zoom platform. Zoom is a free video conference program that can be used on a desktop or laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone. You do NOT need to create a Zoom account or download an app to join our meetings.
If you are interested in receiving more information on NAMI Fox Valley’s online support groups, please click the button below to fill out the interest form. You will then receive an email with registration instructions and the current schedule for the group(s) in which you are interested.
Our current online support groups offered for adult peers include:
- A support group for any adult living with mental health challenges
- a support group specifically for adults age 18-26 who are experiencing mental health challenges