Family-to-Family is a free, 8-session education course for family and friends of people living with mental illness. The program offers a relaxed, trusting, and safe environment for participants to develop insight, skills, and emotional understanding to support the mental health recovery of a loved one.
This evidence-based course, which has been newly adapted to a virtual format, is taught by a team of trained instructors who also are family members of people living with mental illness. The instructors will guide participants to better understand, advocate for and support loved ones while maintaining their own and their family's well-being.
Space is limited and registration is required. Once your registration is confirmed, the only things you'll need are a binder of materials that we will provide at no charge and an internet-connected computer, tablet, or mobile device to enter into the virtual classroom!
For more information on this program and/or to register for an upcoming course, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (920) 954-1550.
What You’ll Gain
NAMI Family-to-Family not only provides critical information and strategies for taking care of the person you love, but you’ll also find out that you’re not alone. Recovery is a journey, and there is hope.
The group setting of NAMI Family-to-Family provides mutual support and shared positive impact—you can experience compassion and reinforcement from people who understand your situation. You can also help others through your own experience. In the program, you’ll learn about:
- How to manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Taking care of yourself and managing your stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to provide support with compassion
- Finding and using local supports and services
- Up-to-date information on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- Current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- The impact of mental illness on the entire family
Upcoming Virtual Family-to-Family
September 14-November 2, 2020
Mondays, 6:00-8:30 p.m.
Once registered with Vivian, our Family Program Coordinator, you will be emailed the Zoom information needed to virtually attend the course.