This 8-session education course focuses on recovery and is for any person living with a mental health condition. The course provides participants with comprehensive information on mental illness. It also teaches strategies for personal and interpersonal awareness, coping skills, and self-care strategies.
Classes are taught by trained mentors who are successfully managing their own conditions. The course provides a full approach to recovery, including individual empowerment, peer support, relapse prevention, communication skills, and general health.
- Is offered at no charge to participants
- Is taught by trained NAMI mentors who themselves have achieved a measure of recovery and are successfully managing their mental illness
- Follows a structured format in a relaxed and confidential setting
The course promotes effective paths to recovery and inspires a commitment to wellness.
- Share experiences with peers who also are working toward recovery
- Gain further insight into mental illness
- Gain knowledge of how to manage and cope with circumstances
- Learn to identify feelings, thoughts, behaviors, and events that can result in a possible relapse
- Learn how to be an active participant in any treatment plan
- Learn how to strengthen interpersonal relationships
fall Peer to Peer Class:
Mondays and Wednesdays
September 9 - October 2, 2019 6-8 PM
(Participants should plan to attend both days for 4 weeks.)
Location: NAMI Fox Valley
211 E. Franklin Street