The NAMI Fox Valley Family Support Groups are peer-led support groups for family members, caregivers, and loved ones of individuals experiencing mental health challenges. The hallmark of a NAMI support group is leveraging the collective knowledge and experience of the other participants.
What To Expect
- Offered monthly, free of charge
- Designed for loved ones (18 and over) of individuals living with mental illness
- Led by a pair of trained facilitators
- Confidential — share as much or as little personal information as you want
- Does not recommend or endorse any medications or other medical therapies for your family member
- Guided by Principles of Support
The support group can offer you practical advice on addressing issues related to mental illness and your loved one. It also gives you the appropriate space to have your personal needs met so that you can provide the best possible care for your family member. Taking time to voice your experiences and to hear from others may help you develop your inner reserves of strength. You may gain confidence in your ability to cope with your family member’s mental illness as well as knowledge on how to best access needed services for your family member.