“The first night I joined, I felt an immediate sense of camaraderie. Ever since then, I have continued to participate, and the support continues to grow. I really don’t know what I would have done without the Zoom support groups throughout the pandemic, as they have forged friendships and boosted my mental health.”
NAMI Fox Valley has a robust online support group program that includes meetings both for individuals who live with mental health challenges and for family members of such individuals. More information on specific types of online groups we offer is listed below.
Our online groups are held via the Zoom platform. Zoom is a free video conference program that can be used on a desktop or laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone. You do NOT need to create a Zoom account or download an app to join our meetings.
NAMI Fox Valley’s support groups offer peer support and understanding based on the wisdom of lived experience. Our facilitators are not therapists and our groups are not intended to replace therapeutic counseling.
If you are interested in receiving more information on NAMI Fox Valley’s online support groups, please click the appropriate button below to fill out the interest form. You will then receive an email with registration instructions and the current schedule for the group(s) in which you are interested.
Questions regarding support groups should be directed to Vicki Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-740-4565.
Adult Family Groups
Our current online support groups offered for family members include:
- A support group for family members of those living with mental health challenges
- A support group specifically for parents/caregivers of school-aged children living with mental health challenges
- A faith-based support group for family members of those living with mental health challenges
Adult Peer Groups
Our current online support groups offered for adult peers include:
- A support group for anyone living with mental health challenges
- A support group specifically for men living with mental health challenges
- A support group specifically for women living with mental health challenges
- a support group specifically for adults age 18-16 who are experiencing mental health challenges
Teen Peer Group
A support group open to high school students (ages 14-18) where teens can connect with other teens, learn from each other’s experiences, share coping skills, and offer understanding and encouragement in a non-judgemental atmosphere.
Parent/guardian permission is required.