Due to public health concerns related to Covid-19, NAMI Fox Valley’s in-person support groups have been suspended until further notice. During this time, we are offering a number of online support groups using the Zoom platform. Zoom is a free video conference program that can be used on a desktop or laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone. You do NOT need to create a Zoom account or download an app to join our meetings.
We are offering online support groups both for individuals who live with mental health challenges and for family members of such individuals. All of our support groups are led by trained facilitators who have personal lived experience. Our facilitators are not professional therapists and our groups are not intended to replace therapeutic counseling. We offer peer support and understanding based on the wisdom of lived experience.
If you are interested in receiving more information on NAMI Fox Valley’s online support groups, please click the appropriate button below to fill out the interest form. You will then receive an email with registration instructions and the current schedule for the group(s) in which you are interested.
Questions regarding the online support groups should be directed to Vicki Rivera at email@example.com.
Our current online support groups offered for family members include:
- A support group for family members of those living with mental health challenges
- A support group specifically for parents/caregivers of school-aged children living with mental health challenges
Our current online support groups offered for adult peers include:
- A support group for anyone living with mental health challenges
- A support group specifically for those who identify with suicidal ideation
- A support group specifically for young adults (18-26) living with mental health challenges
A support group open to high school students (ages 14-18) where teens can connect with other teens, learn from each other’s experiences, share coping skills, and offer understanding and encouragement in a non-judgemental atmosphere. Parent/guardian permission is required.