“NAMI Fox Valley’s Peer Support groups give me a much-needed feeling of community. It was amazing to be able to share my feelings with people who were going through similar struggles.”
Many of NAMI Fox Valley’s support groups meet online via Zoom. We do, however, offer several in-person groups. More information on the specific types of in-person groups we offer can be found below.
NAMI Fox Valley’s support groups offer support and understanding based on the wisdom of lived experience. Our facilitators are not therapists and our groups are not intended to replace therapeutic counseling.
Questions regarding support groups should be directed to Vicki Rivera at email@example.com or 920-740-4565.
The following peer groups meet at NAMI Fox Valley’s office at 211 E. Franklin St., Appleton, WI 54911:
- Adult Peer Support Group (for any adult experiencing mental health challenges): Meets every Monday from 6:00-7:30 PM
- Young Adult Peer Support Group (for adults ages 18-26 experiencing mental health challenges): Meets on the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of each month from 6:00-8:00 PM
- Adult Women’s Spanish-Language Group (for Spanish-speaking adult women experiencing mental health challenges): Meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 5:00-6:00 PM
The following peer group meets at Iris Place Peer Run Respite at 1213 S. Matthias St, Appleton, WI 54915:
- New Hope Support Group. This group is for adults who experience suicidal thoughts or have made suicide attempts. It offers a safe, judgment-free space to share about these thoughts and experiences among others who can relate. You need not be in crisis to attend this group. Participants are encouraged to attend in times of wellness as well as in times of challenge. Meets on the 4th Thursday of each month from 6:00-7:30 PM beginning in July.
The following family group meets at First Congregational United Church of Christ, located at 724 E. South River St., Appleton, WI 54915:
- Faith-Based Family Support Group (for any adult family member or loved one of individuals living with mental health challenges): Meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month from 6:30-8:00 PM.