Dear NAMI Fox Valley friends:
The health and safety of our participants, volunteers, staff, and community is our number one priority. Accordingly, we have been closely monitoring information and developments regarding the Covid-19 coronavirus.
In-person support groups and education programs have been suspended. Online support groups are being tested and will be launched soon. Please stay tuned!
Our Franklin Street office is closed through the end of April. Franklin Street staff are working remotely.
Iris Place Peer Run Respite is not accepting guests. Iris Place’s peer-support warm line, however, is operating 24/7 at this time. Our warm line is a form of social support for anyone experiencing emotional distress related to mental health and/or substance abuse. The Iris Place warm line number is 920-815-3217. When you call, please leave a message and you will receive a call from a peer support specialist within 4 hours.
As you know, mental health support is important at all times, and particularly in times of increased stress. The following list provides links to online mental health support resources that we encourage you to explore during this time of limited in-person contact.
- NAMI Online Discussion Groups: www.nami.org | NAMI hosts online communities, called “Discussion Groups”, where people exchange support and encouragement.
- 7 Cups: www.7cups.com | 7 Cups offers online text chat with a trained listener for emotional support and counseling. It also offers fee-for-service online therapy with a licensed mental health professional.
- Emotions Anonymous: www.emotionsanonymous.org | Emotions Anonymous is an international, non-professional fellowship of people who desire to have a better sense of emotional well-being. Online support meetings are offered.
- Support Group Central: www.supportgroupscentral.com | Support Group Central offers | Free or low-cost virtual support groups on numerous mental health conditions.
- TheTribe Wellness Community: www.support.therapytribe.com | The Tribe hosts free, online peer support groups for members facing mental health challenges and/or difficult family dynamics. Support groups include addiction, anxiety, depression,HIV/AIDS, LGBT, marriage/family, OCD and teens.
- SupportGroups.com: https://online.supportgroups.com/ | This website features over 200 online support groups.
- For Like Minds: www.forlikeminds.com | For Like Minds offers an online mental health support network that allows for individuals to connect with others who are living with or supporting someone with mental health conditions, substance use disorders, and stressful life events.
- 18percent: www.18percent.org | This website offers a free, peer-to-peer online support community for those struggling with a wide range of mental health issues.
- Psych Central: www.psychcentral.com | This website offers online mental health resources, quizzes, news, an “Ask the Therapist” function, and online support communities.