2017 Strike Out Stigma Bowl-A-Thon Kick Off Event
Thursday, August 24th from 5:30-7:00 P.M.
The Grand Meridian
2621 N. Oneida Street
NAMI Fox Valley is excited to launch our annual "Strike Out Stigma" Bowl-A-Thon, which will take place from late August through October.
Please join us Thursday, August 24th and enjoy hors d'oeuvres and refreshments as we kick off the Bowl-A-Thon with an evening of fun! Come learn how fun and easy it is to participate in the Bowl-A-Thon and raise funds to support NAMI Fox Valley's mental health programs. We hope to see you there!
Join us to strike out stigma! Let's get the ball rolling!
NAMI Fox Valley is our community’s voice on mental illness. The vast majority of our programs are offered free to community members (over 13,000 of whom we served last year) and we rely on the support of the entire community to fund those programs and our extensive mental health advocacy work throughout the Fox Cities.
The fundraising and contributions during the annual campaign (which this year runs from August through October) constitute the second largest source of NAMI FV’s annual funding outside of our Iris Place grant. It is our donors efforts that enable the agency’s core programs and advocacy efforts to operate all year round, and we thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for stepping up to strike out stigma and to support mental health in the Fox Valley.
- There is no registration fee. All participants raise money through donations from family members, friends, co-workers and business associates in support of their participation in the campaign (as well as through whatever the participant is able to contribute themselves).
- All funds collected by participants will be used to support NAMI Fox Valley's mental health programs and advocacy work in the Fox Valley.
- All bowlers who raise a $100 or more will receive an event tote bag! All participants who raise $100 or more will receive a “be kind” campaign tote bag! All participants who raise $500 or more will also receive one of our famous “be kind” t-shirts (in the choice of crew neck or v-neck)!
- Be sure to check your email throughout the campaign for the chance to win any number of incentive prizes along the way – some of which will be quite significant!
- Companies, organizations and friends are encouraged to organize teams made up of employees, organization members, relatives and friends to take part in the campaign.