The Teen Support Group is designed for teens, ages 13 to 18 (must still be in high school), who have a mental illness and are looking for a supportive environment where they will learn about symptoms, treatment and resources, as well as spend time socializing with peers.
Two mental health professionals facilitate this group, which meets at 4:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Harmony Cafe in Appleton. Registration by a parent or guardian is required for teens under 18. New participants are always welcome.
The support group also includes:
- Quarterly meetings for parents with the Teen Group facilitators to discuss specific concerns
- Opportunities to increase knowledge about symptoms and treatments
- Learning skills that may increase one's ability to cope with mental illness, both from the consumer and family
- An opportunity for social support to decrease feelings of "being alone"
- Information regarding community resources that are available post-high school
When: Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m.
Where: Harmony Cafe
233 E. College Ave., Appleton
NAMI Fox Valley | 516 W. Sixth St., Appleton, WI | (920) 954-1550 | email@example.com
Copyright © 2010. All Rights Reserved