THANK YOU for being a part of NAMI Fox Valley’s 2016 “Strike Out Stigma” Campaign! NAMI Fox Valley is your community’s voice on mental illness. The vast majority of our programs are offered free to community members (over 13,000 of whom we served last year) and we rely on the support of the entire community to fund those programs and our extensive mental health advocacy work throughout the Fox Cities.
Your fundraising and contributions during the annual campaign (which this year runs from August through October) constitute the second largest source of NAMI FV’s annual funding outside of our Iris Place grant. It is YOUR efforts that enable the agency’s core programs and advocacy efforts to operate all year round, and we thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for stepping up to strike out stigma and to support mental health in the Fox Valley.
Once again this year, as part of our campaign efforts, we are excited to hold our 4th annual Strike Out Stigma Bowl-a-Thon, planned for Saturday, October 8 at the Super Bowl Family Entertainment Center in Appleton. The October 8 bowling event essentially is a party to celebrate all of your efforts as the campaign begins to wind to a close. It’s a lot of fun, and we’d love to have you take part!
But you can participate in the campaign whether or not you want to bowl! Either way, it all begins by registering on this page. We encourage you to create a team name when you register and then to ask friends to register themselves as part of your campaign team! Raising funds for mental health can be so much fun when done together. But, if you prefer to register just as an individual participant, that’s great, too! All are welcome! (Note: If you wish to join us for the bowling event on October 8, please select a bowling time slot when you register.)
We are excited to have your help in reaching our $100,000 goal for this year’s campaign. The goal is lofty, but the work to be done is critical and life-saving and, together, we can raise the funds needed to support it.
We’re so glad to have you with us.
• Online registration is easy! Create your own team and/or fundraising page by clicking on the big purple "REGISTER NOW" button on the upper right hand corner of this page.
• There is no registration fee. All participants raise money through donations from family members, friends, co-workers and business associates in support of their participation in the campaign (as well as through whatever the participant is able to contribute themselves – it will always motivate those you ask if they can see that you’ve donated as well)!
• All funds collected by participants will be used to support NAMI Fox Valley's mental health programs and advocacy work here in the Fox Valley.
• All bowlers who raise a $100 or more will receive an event tote bag!!
• All participants who raise $100 or more will receive a “be kind” campaign tote bag! All participants who raise $500 or more will also receive one of our famous “be kind” tee shirts (in the participant’s choice of v-neck or regular)! And be sure to check your email throughout the campaign for the chance to win any number of incentive prizes along the way – some of which will be quite significant!
• Companies, organizations and friends are encouraged to organize teams made up of employees, organization members, relatives and friends to take part in the campaign.
• Questions? Contact our awesome Development Assistant, Kelly Kumbier at (920) 954-1550 or email@example.com. She’ll be happy to talk with you and help in any way we can!
The Bowl-a-Thon bowling event will take place from 10:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 8 at the Super Bowl Family Entertainment Center, 2222 E. Northland Ave., Appleton. If you wish to participate in the bowling event, choose a bowling time when you register that is convenient for you (and for your teammates, if they are bowling, too)! We ask that bowlers arrive a half-hour prior to their bowling shift to turn in their pledge forms and donations.